KUALA LUMPUR: Sime Darby Bhd has appointed Datuk Abd Wahab Maskan as group chief operating officer (COO) and Tong Poh Keow as group chief financial officer (CFO) effective Tuesday. Abd Wahab was the senior executive vice president, property division of Sime Darby prior to his appointment as COO. As the group COO, he would support the president and group chief executive in the day-to-day operations of the group.
As for Tong, she was the chief financial officer of the plantation and agri-business division prior to the latest appointment. In her new capacity as group CFO, she reports directly to the president and group CEO.
Sime Darby said Abd Wahab, 57, would be mainly responsible for all the group’s operational matters, ensuring key performance indicators and merger synergies were achieved.
It added the departments — group shared services, group procurement, group risk management and group information technology — would come under the group COO.
“Managing directors of the respective divisions will report to the group COO on operational matters and will continue to report to the president and group CEO on strategic, business development and human resource matters,” it said.
More Recent Palm Oil News
- The Latest Palm Oil Industry News & Prices – Subscribe To Palm Oil HQ Professional
- Malaysian AM Cash Market Prices for Palm Oil – August 21
- Palm Oil Prices to Hit $3,000/ton by June, May Reach $3,500/ton on El Nino – Mistry
- Crude Palm Oil Ends up on Bargain-Hunting
- Crude Palm Oil Ends up on Weather Concerns
- Crude Palm Oil Falls With More Tipped Next Week
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Up After Choppy Trade; May Rise More
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Down; Likely Higher Exports Limit Declines
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Off Highs; MYR2,440-MYR2,485/Ton Tipped Wed
- Crude Palm Oil Rises To 1-Week High On Export Demand
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Higher; May Test MYR2,500/Ton N/T
- Crude Palm Oil Rallies To 10-Week High On Tight Supplies
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Down; MYR2,370-MYR2,430/Ton Tipped Friday
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Up; Stockpiles Seen Easing
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Higher; May Rise More
PRO Palm Oil Live Market News
- European veg oil PM, Palm Oil & Lauric Oil Prices – Aug 27
- European veg oil PM, Soft Oil Prices – Aug 27
- CME Group Agricultural Estimated Volumes At 12:00 P.M. EDT
- CME Group Agricultural Estimated Volumes At 11:00 A.M. EDT
- CME Group Agricultural Estimated Volumes At 10:00 A.M. EDT
- CME Group Agricultural Estimated Volumes At 9:00 A.M. EDT
- Rotterdam Soybean Prices – Aug 27
- European veg oil AM, Palm Oil & Lauric Oil Prices – Aug 27
- European veg oil AM, Soft Oil Prices – Aug 27
- Asian CPO Ends Lower as Soyoil Falls — Market Talk
- Malaysian PM Cash Market Prices for Palm Oil – Aug 27
- Malaysian AM Cash Market Prices for Palm Oil – August 27
- China Dalian Commodity Exchange Grain Stocks, Aug 27
- China Dalian Grain Futures Closing Prices, Volume
- Malaysian AM Cash Market Prices for Palm Oil – Aug 27