KUALA LUMPUR: Sime Darby Bhd has appointed Datuk Abd Wahab Maskan as group chief operating officer (COO) and Tong Poh Keow as group chief financial officer (CFO) effective Tuesday. Abd Wahab was the senior executive vice president, property division of Sime Darby prior to his appointment as COO. As the group COO, he would support the president and group chief executive in the day-to-day operations of the group.
As for Tong, she was the chief financial officer of the plantation and agri-business division prior to the latest appointment. In her new capacity as group CFO, she reports directly to the president and group CEO.
Sime Darby said Abd Wahab, 57, would be mainly responsible for all the group’s operational matters, ensuring key performance indicators and merger synergies were achieved.
It added the departments — group shared services, group procurement, group risk management and group information technology — would come under the group COO.
“Managing directors of the respective divisions will report to the group COO on operational matters and will continue to report to the president and group CEO on strategic, business development and human resource matters,” it said.
More Recent Palm Oil News
- Palm Oil Prices to Hit $3,000/ton by June, May Reach $3,500/ton on El Nino – Mistry
- Crude Palm Oil Ends up on Bargain-Hunting
- Crude Palm Oil Ends up on Weather Concerns
- Crude Palm Oil Falls With More Tipped Next Week
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Up After Choppy Trade; May Rise More
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Down; Likely Higher Exports Limit Declines
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Off Highs; MYR2,440-MYR2,485/Ton Tipped Wed
- Crude Palm Oil Rises To 1-Week High On Export Demand
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Higher; May Test MYR2,500/Ton N/T
- Crude Palm Oil Rallies To 10-Week High On Tight Supplies
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Down; MYR2,370-MYR2,430/Ton Tipped Friday
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Up; Stockpiles Seen Easing
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Higher; May Rise More
- Crude Palm Oil Higher; Further Gains Likely N/T
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Up On Bargain Hunting; Further Gains Likely Friday
PRO Palm Oil Live Market News
- Southeast Asia Palm Oil Weather – Apr 17
- European veg oil PM, Palm Oil & Lauric Oil Prices – Apr 17
- European veg oil PM, Soft Oil Prices – Apr 17
- European veg oil AM, Palm Oil & Lauric Oil Prices – Apr 17
- Rotterdam Soybean Prices – Apr 17
- European veg oil AM, Soft Oil Prices – Apr 17
- Asian CPO Ends Lower but Upside Likely Intact — Market Talk
- Malaysian PM Cash Market Prices for Palm Oil – April 17
- China Dalian Commodity Exchange Grain Stocks, Apr 17
- China Dalian Grain Futures Closing Prices, Volume
- Malaysian AM Cash Market Prices for Palm Oil for April 17
- Crude Palm Oil (CPO) May Stay Bullish; China GDP, Firm Soy Oil Help — Market Talk
- Southeast Asia Palm Oil Weather – Apr 16
- European veg oil PM, Soft Oil Prices – Apr 16
- European veg oil PM, Palm Oil & Lauric Oil Prices – Apr 16