Plantation companies with more than 40 workers have been told to set up a committee on occupational safety and health by the end of the year.
Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) director-general Datuk Dr Johari Basri said at present, only 60 per cent of the plantation companies had established such a committee.
Johari also urged companies to invest more in ensuring the safety and health of their workers.
“With the increase in commodity prices, particularly palm oil, the companies have no excuse not to spend more for their workers’ safety and health,” he said.
Johari said many plantation companies were still taking the matter lightly although they had registered with the department.
More Recent Palm Oil News
- Palm Oil Prices to Hit $3,000/ton by June, May Reach $3,500/ton on El Nino – Mistry
- Crude Palm Oil Ends up on Bargain-Hunting
- Crude Palm Oil Ends up on Weather Concerns
- Crude Palm Oil Falls With More Tipped Next Week
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Up After Choppy Trade; May Rise More
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Down; Likely Higher Exports Limit Declines
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Off Highs; MYR2,440-MYR2,485/Ton Tipped Wed
- Crude Palm Oil Rises To 1-Week High On Export Demand
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Higher; May Test MYR2,500/Ton N/T
- Crude Palm Oil Rallies To 10-Week High On Tight Supplies
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Down; MYR2,370-MYR2,430/Ton Tipped Friday
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Up; Stockpiles Seen Easing
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Higher; May Rise More
- Crude Palm Oil Higher; Further Gains Likely N/T
- Crude Palm Oil Ends Up On Bargain Hunting; Further Gains Likely Friday
PRO Palm Oil Live Market News
- Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Supported by Soyoil Oil; Export Data Eyed — Market Talk
- Southeast Asia Palm Oil Weather – Apr 24
- European veg oil PM, Palm Oil & Lauric Oil Prices – Apr 24
- European veg oil PM, Soft Oil Prices – Apr 24
- Rotterdam Soybean Prices – Apr 24
- European veg oil AM, Palm Oil & Lauric Oil Prices – Apr 24
- European veg oil AM, Soft Oil Prices – Apr 24
- Malaysian PM Cash Market Prices for Palm Oil – April 24
- Asian CPO Ends Flat; April 1-25 Malaysia Data in Focus — Market Talk
- China Dalian Commodity Exchange Grain Stocks, Apr 24
- China Dalian Grain Futures Closing Prices, Volume
- Malaysian AM Cash Market Prices for Palm Oil – April 24
- Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Likely to Open Lower; Export Data in Focus — Market Talk
- Southeast Asia Palm Oil Weather – Apr 23
- CME Group Agricultural Estimated Volumes At 5:00 p.m. EDT